Great hotel in market location of city. Easy access to water front for a stroll. Ding dings at door step. Great spot if you have children.
I am a regular traveller and always use the Island Pacific as my accommodation.
“Staying at Pacific Island Hotel”
The comfort of the room, the location and general helpfulness of staff
My stay was generally very good, although I had arrived from a very hot Australia and, due to Hong Kong experiencing colder than usual temperatures, I was very cold my first night.
I phoned down to the main desk to ask if I could have an extra blanket and was told to turn the heating up in the room.
I ended up wearing a couple of jumpers and wrapped myself up in existing blanket.
I was given an extra blanket the following evening and was, from then on, very comfortable, but thought it extremely odd that I would be refused a blanket in the first place!
The food was okay and, refusal of blanket aside, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room and bathroom was very clean.
“frequent stay at Island Pacific Hotel”
Couple of feedback:
1. The elevators at the main lobby should have:
- one button applies to all the 3 elevators
- only allow access with hotel guests key card as now anyone can access.
2. I usually book full harbour view but find window glass panels which we can view the harbour being dirty and unable to fully enjoy the harbour view
“Ok value for money”
Overall a comfortable stay. Ok value for money.
- Good views
- Nice smell in reception - this really sells the place
- Good breakfast buffet (optional)
- Lots of local takeaways close by, which gives an interesting twist to more touristy places)
- Good proximity soho and other hipster-type cafes and bars
- Great service
- Wifi was alright speed and no need to reconnect every time (this is a plus)
To be improved:
- Hotel need a proper refurbishment as rooms feel a bit 90s inside
- First room I got was a smoking room so they had to give me a different room
- Bed a bit on the short side
- Bath tub shower - if used to modern showers this requires some tweaking to get to right temperature (separate hot/cold taps)
- Too few lifts, long wait
- Gym could have been way better equipped
“Very good hotel”
Service, room view over harbour and location
I had no problem when staying at this hotel. Staff were friendly and efficient.
“Awesome location, great eateries around the hotel”
Location, free shuttle bus and gym
Had a great stay here, the room size is not considered small for Hong Kong. The cabinets could use a wipe though, it was dusty.
location price helpful
Room service was poor no one answered the phone at 7:15 AM...had to go down to CAfe for buffet ....I wanted in my room
“Amzing view of Victoria Harbour; witheasy access”
Great panaromic view of Kowloon/Tsing Yi Bridge over Victoria Harbour. Very close to Central station and Queens Road Tram access. Courteous staff at your service
Comfortable considering the room size in Deluxe Harbour view for my Family with young children. Staff are courteous and lobby manager is right with you when you are looking for information. Easy access to the Queens road tram line and sundries market for essentials.